Wine Dinner Blog - 3/21/2021

 6 friends and I drank 11 bottles of wine together at this wine dinner. We made bruschetta, we made shrimp scampi and for dessert we had brownies. I'll be honest, once I had my 5th glass of wine all the other glasses tasted the same, but the shrimp scampi was the star of the show for sure, it paired really well with the SEVEN wine with the earthy flavors. I enjoyed the Jacobs Creek Shiraz the best though, it was dry and not too sweet. I learned a valuable lesson on properly making sure to cleanse my palate after drinking a sweet wine to a dry wine, or vice versa otherwise the taste will be influenced. The flavors of butter and garlic with the shrimp paired really well with the red wine(which was surprising). The wine with high tannins went really well with the brie , but I also in general just liked drinking and eating. In reality I only had 2 glasses of wine with food and the other glasses I had by themselves because I just wanted to start while we started cooking the food. Once I tasted all the food with the wine I knew this was something that I would definitely do again. I used the wine folly as a guide at times but I realized it certainly was not the be all end all rulebook of wine, there were somethings that it stated would not go together that I definitely thought went together. 









This wine was white, and light. Delicious
This wine was a red, and one of the first that I drank it was also really well, had some fruity notes and tasted great. 


This was a Chardonnay and I am usually not a fan of Chardonnay but this was a willing exception that I made. 


This was by far by favorite wine, there were hints of spice within this wine and also hints of oak and earth as well. 


This was a very dry wine, and very astringent. Quite okay, not quite my style. 


This one was terrible, it was super duper sweet. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tasting Entry - Feb 2021 Knotty Wines

Tasting Entry- Baby Bridge Vineyards - Red Blend