Tasting- Menage a Trois Red Blend 2018

 My readers it is not even CLOSE to over. We have ANOTHER review this week but for a different style of wine!!! Reds. We love red. 

Disclaimer: As much as  I love threesomes this is actually the wine. 

Name: Menage a Trois Red Blend 2018

Vintage: 2018

Price: $8

Variety of Grape: Blend: 48% Zinfandel, 37% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon

Shop/Winery Critic Review: This Ménage à Trois exposes the fresh, ripe, jam like fruit that is the calling card of California wine. Forward, silky and soft, this delicious dalliance makes the perfect accompaniment for grilled meats and chicken.

Specific Reviews: Starting with the smell, it is a mix of heavy and light probably because it is a blend. The primary aroma was some berry, it was a darker berry that I was smelling. Then for the initial taste, it was full bodied and very thick in a way. It had wonderful fruity/ berry flavors. (p30-36 Wine Folly)

My Review: This was a great wine, I have been drinking it all week and I think I could drink it for a lot longer. This red wine was more my forte, I like the darker and deeper flavors. While I did not try and decant this wine, I certainly will try to in the future because I have heard that it enhances the flavors 10-fold. I ate no food with this wine, but I plan on changing that. This wine was my post-gym wine of choice. 




Comments