Tasting- Chateau Souverain Chardonnay 2018




 Hello my fellow readers. 

You will not believe the week of drinking that I had! Going through the bottle and a half of wine I went through this week was a pretty easy task. I would go to the gym, have an intense workout, and then when I came back I would drink a glass or 2. But this did lead to some pretty interesting finds and new exotic flavors to experience!

Name: Chateau Souverain, Chardonnay 2018, California

Cost: $17

Variety of Grapes: Chardonnay

Shop/Wine Review: Chateau Souverain Chardonnay has inviting aromas of roasted pears, lemon citrus and subtle baking spice with elegant layers of pineapple and crème brûlée flavors. This full-bodied Chardonnay offers a plush texture and balanced acidity with a long, flavorful finish.

Specific Flavors: So this wine was very light, and through the smell I am getting hints of pear and something else I cannot place but I know for sure through page 31 of the Wine Folly text that it is indeed tropical. I cannot place the secondary aroma because I cannot smell it(don't worry I do NOT have the Rona). Onward with this journey I tasted this wine, I got tropical tasted as well as citrus notes. There was a slight buttery taste as well, as per page 32. 

My Review: I tasted this wine while it conducted the dance across my taste-buds. It was quite the interesting dance, while I am not one for Chardonnay usually I had to make an exception for this. This wine was very easy to drink, in fact I did not notice just how much of it I drank until I reflected upon it while writing this post. This was very light and had a floral finish. I paired this wine with no food.  

Comments