Tasting Entry #2 - 3/14/2021

 Hello again, this is the second wine I sampled this week and it was an interesting choice for sure. 

Name of Wine: Vino frizzante amabile Lambrusco Dell'Emilia

Price: $15

Variety of Grape: 45% Lambrusco Salamino, 40% Lambrusco Maestri, 15% Ancellotta

Wine Folly Review: The primary aroma I sensed with this wine was definitely fruit forward aromas, I could not really tell any earthy aromas in a secondary aromas. I liked the taste notes as well, there were more fruity flavors present in this wine, it was sweet. The tannins were not super strong with this wine, but some were present. I could not taste any hints that would indicate it had been stored in a barrel. (p32-36)

Winery Review: Ruby red color, with vinous hints of red fruits typical of Lambrusco. Fruity and full-bodied on the palate, well-balanced, supported by a lively freshness that elegantly closes with soft hints of cherry and plum. Rinaldini Lambrusco Amabile is a great match for hearty Italian foods including rich pasta dishes (lasagne or pasta bolognese), cold cuts and cheese. Fantastic when paired with red fruit desserts.

MY REVIEW: I personally thought this wine was okay, my mom bought it to try out and experiment and by the time I got to try it I had already been drinking other drinks. But I persevered and found that this wine did have a bit of flavor and the name was not as pretentious as I thought it would be. It had a smooth finish and while I did not pair it with any food I can see that the sweetness may make it a good dessert wine. I give this wine 3.5/5 browns





Comments