Tasting Entry #1- 3/7/2021

 Dear Readers, 

I have re-emerged. I was able to enjoy 2 really good wines today and my friends and I finished them both, and then I realized I had wine blogs to write!

Name of Wine: Borne of Fire, Chardonnay 2016, $10

Variety of Grapes: Chardonnay

Winery Review: Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, we have laid claim to a land that has been torn from within and smothered in flames. Hailing from a new region known by locals as "The Burn", this Chardonnay boasts terroir with pear and citrus flavor alongside floral notes. , an herbal element and a unique hint of tarragon. 

Wine Folly Review: This wine was not as buttery as I expected it to taste to be honest. It had few tannins, and the primary taste that I tasted was a hint of pear. The primary aroma that I detected was fruity and pleasant to smell as well. There were no earthy aromas, and this was a good Chardonnay in my opinion. (P31-36). 

My Review: It's time. I enjoyed this Chardonnay even though I usually do not drink them. I enjoyed the fruit forward flavor of the Chardonnay and I can definitely see myself drinking this again. Furthermore, I had intentions of eating popcorn with this wine because I anticipated that the Chardonnay would be buttery, but it was not as buttery as I expected it to be so unfortunately the popcorn plan fell through. 












Comments