Tasting Entry #1 - 3/21/2021

Name of the wine: Dark Horse Pinot Noir

Region: California

Type of Grape: Pinot Noir

Winery Review: Dark Horse Pinot Noir Red Wine is a bright, smooth and luscious red wine. This California wine features fruit notes of cherry, strawberry and raspberry and floral notes of rose petal and lavender, balanced with light oak and a hint of spice. Perfect to enjoy on its own or with any food and wine pairing, this highly versatile, light bodied Pinot Noir wine offers a soft, velvety finish. Consume this red wine at room temperature or slightly chilled to your tasting preference. By using cutting-edge and innovative winemaking techniques, Dark Horse wine delivers exceptional quality at a reasonable price.

Wine Folly Review: This wine exhibited fruit forward flavors and the first aroma I smelled was berries and cherry. When I tasted it, it was not sweet but it was enjoyable. There were no oak or earthy flavors that I observed. There were no observable wine faults and also the cork was stained red(as it should be). Furthermore, I noticed in the taste that it would have gone well with some pepperjack because there were tannins present. The tannins were not super predominant but it was still an enjoyable wine.(p30-35) 

My review:  I enjoyed the hell out of this wine as I usually do because wine is delicious. It was fruity but not sweet which was surprised. Furthermore I paired this wine with Thai food and boy o boy was it a tasty combination. The spicy from the Thai complimented the light fruit notes of the wine. There was a supremely smooth finish with this wine and it had a light body. I drank a half bottle of the stuff and gladly would have finished the other half bottle if I had not been drinking with another person. I would definitely buy this wine again, I would rate it 4.5/5 stars. 







Comments