Tasting Entry #1 - 3/14/2021

 Dear Readers, 

It is that time of week again, where I regale you with tales of my wine adventures. Boy o boy did we have adventures this week! 

Name of Wine: Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot

Price:$7

Variety of Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot

Winery Review: Simply put, Frontera Merlot is a smooth operator. Elegant and well-rounded, this wine has lovely cherry and chocolate aromas. A fine match with spicy take out like mexican and chinese.

Wine Folly Review: I definitely tasted some black fruits as my primary taste and some earthy flavors for the secondary taste, and once I glanced at the description I realized that it was cocoa. The primary aromas though told the story of the fruits a little better in my opinion, I was able to smell the sourness of the fruits and I could tell it was a sort of black fruits. There was definitely that acidity component in the body of the wine itself. (p29-35)

My review: I have drank this wine a lot before, it is one of my parents' favorites and this wine goes well with damn near anything. Pizza, dumplings, Chipotle etc are all good pairings with this wine. This wine is quite dry and not particularly sweet but it is good for how dry it is, as far as red wines go this has a good balance of all the fruity flavors and also the dryness it brings. I give this wine 4/5 browns, it has a full body in my opinion and is just an all around good wine no matter the time. 





Comments