Bottoms Up!-First Wine Post

 Hello, this is the blog for Advaith Warrier. From now on it shall be referred to as Wines for Warrier cause that's just how I like to roll. Now, I have the opportunity this semester to create a wine blog for you cats, so you can sit there and read it and enjoy it. I will be drinking and sampling many many wines throughout the semester and I will post my reviews, feelings and general perception of that wine on the blog. I will most likely drink the wine and write the review at the same time, to make sure that all my observations are current and not influenced by memory. 

I have a lot of experience of drinking wine, I mean chugging it. Fair to say, my taste profile is limited because I have not tasted all the wines while chugging them, as one would say "I just try to get it down". Sometimes its just about getting where you're going because the journey isn't fun. Anyway, I have drank some good wines when I went to a wine tasting at the local wine bar at Kro-Bar(Kroger Bar) Those tasted pretty good and I would have bought more if I could have afforded it. I have realized with time that good wine needs to cost more $3.00 for the bottle for it to be considered good. I also like to treat my body like a temple so I realize I need to watch what I put into it-so if I'm going to drink wine, it might as well be some good wine. 

From my limited tasting experiences, I can say with confidence that I prefer sweeter wines but I do not mind having the occasional red wine. I also have not paired wine with food directly, I remember one time I was trying to be fancy and I drank some red wine with some pasta that I made but it was more of an experiment rather than something I do regularly. I have had wine with some cheese before(my favorite was pepper-jack which is also low-key one of the best cheeses). Cheddar pairs pretty well with wine, but not as well as pepper-jack. 

Lastly, I hope to learn a lot of things from this class. I wish to be able to discern if a wine is wet or dry. I want to be able to tell the difference between a Pinot Noir and a Cabernet Sauvignom. I want to know what the best wine to go with fish vs steak. I want to know what wine to drink with my Chinese takeout. I am very excited for this class and can only say Bottoms Up!

I am pictured below. 

Enjoy. 


PS: Make sure to ALSO subscribe and read the wine blogs of my boys as well. 

bparker9-wine.blogspot.com - Fun guy, shreds like no other on the slopes and on the bass

ngrupert-wine.blogspot.com- Equally fun guy, shreds the guitar and the bass but not really the slopes 



Comments